The Begonian is the bimonthly publication of the American Begonia Society and a wealth of information for those with interests in Begoniaceae, whether new to begonias or an experienced grower. The Begonian is a primary benefit provided by membership in the American Begonia Society.
Beginning growers will find articles on growing techniques, including care specific to various types of begonias. More advanced growers will enjoy detailed information on cultural care and also stay up-to-date with reports of newly published species and newly registered hybrids, announced and described in The Begonian.
Other favorite topics include conservation, propagation, pest and disease identification and control, and terrarium culture.
- It’s nice to dream of faraway places and adventure. Maybe a Begonia expedition to an exotic locale? We’ve got that for you in this issue with “Begonia Hunting in Vietnam – Part 1.” Join Stephen Maciejewski, Wen-ke Dong and others on an exciting 18-day trip through remote areas in search of our favorite plants.
- Find out how a grower’s efforts to hybridize her begonias led her on a journey of conservation instead in “Species Conservation of Begonia thelmae.”
- If you’ve been growing begonias for more than five minutes, you’ve heard the name Irene Nuss. Read about her amusing hybridizing backstory and more about the beautiful begonias she created in “Irene Nuss: Looking Back at a Very Special Hybridizer.”
- A Long Overdue Begonia Registration: Begonia ‘Eaglesham’ by Robert Eaglesham, the Jardin Botanique de Montréal.
- Any pot can be a suitable candidate for growing begonias, from plastic to terra-cotta. Take a look at options at this article, and decide what is best suited for your begonias.
The Begonian Spotlight
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.